If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
It is important for you to understand exactly what is happening to your head after a scalp micropigmentation session. Basically your scalp has been pierced thousand times by a needle, usually of the triple cluster variety. Don’t let that scare you because honestly, it doesn’t hurt anywhere near as much as you’re probably thinking it will. You can use Bactine Max spray to help with discomfort; itchiness or some soreness after your SMP,
It does mean however that your scalp needs to heal, and that means you need to refrain from interfering with it for a few days, in fact this is where following the aftercare guidelines is most important of all. Each dot is a tiny scab that also contains SMP pigment. Those dots are going to look larger and darker than they should right now, but don’t worry, they will get smaller and lighter. Our SMP practitioner will walk you through as to what needle/s being used. Elsie only used state of the art professional tools and pigments (Folicule and 5pm Shadows) meant for Scalp Micropigmentation only. As your scalp heals, the scabs come away and take some pigment with them. This is what people refer to as immediate fading, although in reality its not actually fading at all just yet.
- Do NOT wash, rub or touch your head for a minimum of 3 days after each session. Always wash your hands.
- Avoid sweating. Those trips to the sauna or gym will have to wait
- On day 5-7 you can wash your head with water only but bear in mind, the sooner you wash, the more ink may wash out. If you have more SMP sessions to go, start moisturising your scalp again with a gentle lotion that is for sensitive skin after wash and always use hair conditioner.
- On day 7 you can cleanse your head using a gentle facial cleanser or light gentle shampoo
- For 30 days you MUST avoid heavy sweating, exfoliating, any scalp abrasion and prolonged exposure to strong UV rays (sunlight). The tanning booth is also a no go!
- Always wash your hands and sanitize all tools – comb, brush and hat before you use.
After 30+ days you can resume your usual activities.
Enjoy the NEW YOU and Thank you for choosing The Queen of Scalp!